The Daily Pursuit is a journal of my daily study and worship, mostly for my own accountability but hopefully for the inspiration and motivation of others as well. Follow along if you wish as I read the scriptures, sing hymns, pray, and read edifying books for my own spiritual growth and private worship.
- Acts 8-9
- Impact Verses: So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. Now the passage of the Scripture that he was reading was this: “Like a sheep he was led to the slaughter and like a lamb before its shearer is silent, so he opens not his mouth. In his humiliation justice was denied him. Who can describe his generation? For his life is taken away from the earth.” And the eunuch said to Philip, “About whom, I ask you, does the prophet say this, about himself or about someone else?” Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus.
- The Baptist Catechism by Benjamin Keach
- Q. 48. What is the sum of the Ten Commandments?
- A. The sum of the Ten Commandments is, to love the Lord our God, with all our heart, with all our soul, with all our strength, and with all our mind; and our neighbor as ourselves. (Matt. 22:36-40; Mark 12:28-33)
- Listen To: Nahum – https://www.biblestudytools.com/audio-bible/esv/nahum/
Singing of Hymns:
- A mighty Fortress is our God – https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/886
- Great is Thy faithfulness – https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/19
- Praise to the Lord, the Almighty – https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/166
- Communion With God by John Owen – Chapter 12 Further Consequences of Fellowship with Christ
- Reading and Meditations from The Valley of Vision
- Personal Prayers
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time[a] and now and forever. Amen.