The Daily Pursuit is a journal of my daily study and worship, mostly for my own accountability but hopefully for the inspiration and motivation of others as well. Follow along if you wish as I read the scriptures, sing hymns, pray, and read edifying books for my own spiritual growth and private worship.
- Romans 11
- Impact Verses: do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you. Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.
Singing of Hymns:
- I need Thee every hour – https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/371
- Amazing Grace – https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/313
- My hope is built on nothing less – https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/298
- Disciplines Of A Godly Man by Kent Hughes – Chapter 8 Discipline of Prayer
- Reading and Meditations from The Vally of Vision