The Daily Pursuit is a journal of my daily study and worship, mostly for my own accountability but hopefully for the inspiration and motivation of others as well. Follow along if you wish as I read the scriptures, sing hymns, pray, and read edifying books for my own spiritual growth and private worship.
- Romans 7
- Impact Verses:
- For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
Singing of Hymns:
- Alas, and did my Savior bleed – https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/999
- At Calvary – https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/342
- Victory In Jesus
- Disciplines Of A Godly Man by Kent Hughes – Chapter 6 Discipline of Mind
- Reading and Meditations from The Vally of Vision